/* start */

.

Jul 1, 2007

Meme: Eight Random Facts About Me

Ah well, this soul's been tagged by Billy the Blogging Poet for the "eight random facts about me" meme, and I am perfectly happy to have an excuse to blog and write an entry despite my self-imposed restrictions on myself not to. Hiatus indeed! But at least this isn't as time consuming as crafting poetry. hehe so here goes:

First: The Rules
  1. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  2. People tagged post on their blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  3. At the end of your blog, you choose eight people to tag and list their names.
  4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
  5. Prepare to be hated by some and loved by others. (Billy added #5.)


1. I was born in Cotabato City, Philippines (somewhere down South), moved to Lilongwe, Malawi, (Africa) when I was 6, came back to the Philippines to a different city (Malaybalay) when I was 8, moved back to Africa when I was 9 (Blantyre, Malawi) stayed there until I was 12, then I moved back to the Philippines to another city (Cagayan de Oro) where I finished high school. Then went to college in another city. (Metro Manila)

2. In between those years, Places I've visited:
  • Asia: Hong Kong, UAE
  • Africa: Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Botswana
  • Europe: Italy, England, Nerthelands
  • N. America: Canada, USA
  • S. America: Brazil
(I find it ironic that I haven't traveled around Asia much. or at all.... hehehe)

3. I started college at age 15 (BA Philosophy) and entered law school at age 19, graduated at age 23 and hopefully will be a lawyer by age 24 (assuming I pass the bar exams)

4. People tell me I look like a snob because of my blank expression and arched eyebrows. My friends will tell you I am anything but and would fondly describe me using the following words: funny, crazy, doormat, too nice, shy, glut, hedonist, lazy, worrywart and procrastinator. I am mindful some are quite contradictory. hehehe.

5. If I was a stereotype I would be the "one of the guys" kind of girl. Most of my friends are guys. I grew up with 2 brothers and no sisters, lots of guy cousins, most of my hobbies are deemed "guy" stuff: videogames, table top RPG, computer games, basketball. But my closest friends and the only ones who really know me are still girls. Rest assured I still retain my feminine ways (whatever those are)

6. I used to be able to out drink any guy my age when it came to alcohol. Beer, gin, rum, whiskey, tequila and all sorts of liquor. Now I get sleepy faster. Must be getting old.

7. I started smoking when I was 14. By age 22 I was chain-smoking almost 2 packs a day because of law school. I quit last year when I turned 23. Just went cold turkey. I'll be a year clean come August.

8. in relation to fact #7: I really want a cigarette, because of stress from studying. GRRRRRRR...

9. I break my own rules most of the time and can be quite fickle. hence no credibility sometimes,:P

and now for my victims:

Deb
Uberjam
Shakir
Ozy
Brian
Erika
Guile
Gino

Labels: ,




posted by Rax @ 3:36 PM