/* start */

.

Jun 11, 2007

Arachne

From dust, my future glimmers
behind her eyelid, an orb
hovers above the table, luminous.
Crystal moon pulls a rabbit
from a black hat, and hangs
it upside down in a halter
with bungee cord slipknots.

My knuckles blister
against the twine,
unraveling the lines
on my hand. A spirit map
unfolds, charting aconite
palmscapes, every ridge and crevice
chronographed at each horizon shift.

Beyond vanishing points, threads
are revealed- rope bridges,
woven by Arachne herself,
fray my bones as I am forced
to try on my mother's heirloom-
a bridal veil covers my eyes
and cascades down my back.

Beneath the robes
of a carnival tent, I watch
helpless as she entangles me
in a web of spells where white lace
cocoon me until my past
becomes strands of dreams
spun finely to dust.

Labels: ,




posted by Rax @ 12:45 AM