/* start */

.

Apr 26, 2007

Scrying Glass: Disillusioned

Scry: See and hear events from afar through the use of a spell or a magic item.

I woke up from a dream within a dream within a dream twice over this morning and found that it was my mind that was playing tricks on my senses. Someone must have cast an enchantment on me, so I decided to consult my scrying glass to search for a cure that didn't involve knocking me out cold. Luckily I was able to swim through the memories of these 10dreamwalkers, which helped me piece together this incantation to dispel the phantasms.
.


Disillusioned


When no one else is around,
the mind within and the snow without
reflects the truth revealed
in mirrors, which, in principle*,
only show us
a woman of color's
forced perspectives on strength and beauty,
instead of letting us see the
recurring fathoms that haunt her
every night she comes
home to remove her makeup,
wiping away her staunchless face
like it doesn't exist,
rubbing herself raw
until her silence breaks into
the white noise of misted eyes
becoming whitewashed
like the promises she makes
every morning,
to everyone else.


*p.s. welcome back soulless

Labels: ,




posted by Rax @ 6:40 PM